The salary range of employees working in Kenya is, by default, in the range of 28,539 KES (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 125,430 KES (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Kenya into salary brackets in KES.
Average salary and range in Kenya by age in KES.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Kenya (KES).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Kenya (KES).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Country Manager/Director Top Management
3. Managing Director Top Management
4. IT Director Top Management
5. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
6. Leasing Director Leasing
7. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
8. Lead developer Information Technology
9. Marketing Director Top Management
10. IT Manager Management
11. Judge Law & Legislation
12. Air Traffic Controller Transport, Haulage, Logistics
13. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
14. Technical Manager Technology, Development
15. IT Architect Information Technology
16. Sales Director Top Management
17. Logistics Director Top Management
18. Finance Manager Management
19. Technical Director Top Management
20. Sailor Transport, Haulage, Logistics
List of the worst-paid positions and their average monthly salary in Kenya (KES)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Cleaner General labour
3. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
4. Porter, Information Staff General labour
5. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
6. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
7. Shop Assistant Commerce
8. Security Guard Security & Protection
9. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
10. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
11. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
12. Waiter - Room Service Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
13. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
14. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
15. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
16. Au-pair General labour
17. Cashier Commerce
18. Packer Production
19. Tailor Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
20. Hairdresser Service Industries
List of the latest respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.Compare your salary