The salary range of employees working in Kenya is, by default, in the range of 25,316 KES (low salaries, employees' actual wages may be even lower) to 139,550 KES (high salaries, actual salaries can be even higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries can vary significantly within individual job positions. If you are interested in salaries for a specific position, participate in the survey.
Distribution of employees in Kenya into wage bands in KES.
Average salary and range in Kenya by age in KES.
Comparison of the average salary of men and women in Kenya (KES).
List of the best paid positions and their average monthly salary in Kenya (KES).
1. Chief Executive Officer Top Management
2. Economic/Financial Manager Top Management
3. Finance Manager Management
4. IT Director Top Management
5. Managing Director Top Management
6. Country Manager/Director Top Management
7. Leasing Director Leasing
8. Regional / Area Manager Management
9. Business Development Manager Management
10. Pilot Transport, Haulage, Logistics
11. IT Manager Management
12. Technical Director Top Management
13. Lead developer Information Technology
14. Judge Law & Legislation
15. IT tester - automated tests Information Technology
16. Regional Manager Top Management
17. IT Architect Information Technology
18. Marketing Director Top Management
19. Sales Director Top Management
20. Regulatory Affairs Manager Pharmaceutical Industry
List of the highest paid positions and their average monthly salary in Kenya (KES)
1. Nursery School Teacher Assistant Education, Science & Research
2. Cleaner General labour
3. Seamstress Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
4. Porter, Information Staff General labour
5. Medical Orderly Medicine & Social Care
6. Cashier Commerce
7. Petrol Station Attendant Service Industries
8. Waiter - Room Service Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
9. Security Guard Security & Protection
10. Caregiver Medicine & Social Care
11. Shop Assistant Commerce
12. Carer, Personal Assistant Medicine & Social Care
13. Fabric Cutter Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
14. Postal Delivery Worker Transport, Haulage, Logistics
15. Assistant Teacher Education, Science & Research
16. Cobbler Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
17. Lifeguard, Swimming Instructor Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
18. Receptionist I Administration
19. Au-pair General labour
20. Packer Production
List of recent respondents whose data are used in further salary survey calculations.
Get a free, personalized salary comparison.Compare your salary